General Terms and Conditions:
- Operation of the Banff Sunshine Sightseeing Summer Gondola and the Standish Chairlift are weather dependent and subject to delays based on safety measures. The Gondola ride takes anywhere from 20-25 minutes and may stop unexpectedly if unforeseen circumstances arise.
- We require a minimum of 2 hours in advance to book Hosted Trail Walks online. You may also purchase tickets onsite during operating hours. Availability may be limited during peak periods.
- Strollers are permitted in Gondola cabins.
- Children under 10 years (or those who can’t reach the restraining device on their own) must be accompanied by an adult on the Chairlift.
- Infants must be restrained (e.g. in a car seat, carrier, backpack) while on the Chairlift. Parents/adults in care of the infant must be able to ride the Chairlift hands free.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask the lift attendant.
All users are subject to the Release of Liability & Waiver and may sign it online HERE.
Sunshine Village is a pet free property. No pets are allowed in the base area buildings, the Sunshine Mountain Lodge, or on the Gondola or Standish Chairlift.
Registered service dogs are permitted upon 1) established proof of a Government of Alberta Service Dog Team identification card and 2) prior approval and issuance of a ticket from our Guest Services desk, located on the 2nd floor of the Creekside Lodge – no exceptions. All dogs must be on-leash at all times in Banff National Park.
Smoking, vaping, and use of electronic cigarettes is strictly prohibited in all buildings located at Sunshine Village, including the Sunshine Mountain Lodge, in Gondola cabins and on the Chairlift. There are designated smoking areas located on the property.
We require 48 hours’ notice prior to departure to cancel or change a reservation without penalty. Any cancellations or changes made within 48 hours of departure, or no-shows for any reserved start times, will not be rescheduled or refunded. For custom groups, private groups, and group bookings of 15 people or more, there is a 7-day advance cancellation or change period.
We or the supplier reserve the right to cancel tours, services, or change locations due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a cancellation on our part, you will be refunded by Sunshine Village. Changes and cancellation policies may vary by supplier/third party activity.
Sunshine Village shall not be held liable for any damage, loss, claim, cost or expense arising out of personal injury, accident or death, loss, damage to property resulting from: the act of omission on the part of any person other than Sunshine Village or its employees; or acts of God, sickness, theft, labour disputes, mechanical breakdown, government actions, weather, or any other cause beyond Sunshine Village’s direct control.
Daily, June 28 - September 8, 2019.
The Gondola ride is approximately 25 minutes to the Village.
Standish Chairlift Operating Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Daily, June 28 - September 8, 2019.
The Standish Chairlift ride is approximately 8 minutes to the top of Standish Mountain. To allow enough time to ride the Standish Chairlift and take in the views, we recommend that you arrive to the village area by no later than 3:30 PM (3:00 PM at the base)
1-hour Hosted Trail Walk: Daily at 12:30 PM
2-hour Hosted Trail Walk: Daily at 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM, restricted to ages 6 and up.
Please arrive to the Interpretive Centre in the Village 15 minutes prior to hosted trail walk start time.
FREE daily return bus transportation service between Town of Banff and Banff Sunshine Summer Sightseeing Gondola with the purchase of a Gondola & Sightseeing Chairlift ticket. For bus schedule visit www.banffsunshinemeadows.com (Getting Here).
Sunshine Mountain Lodge – The only high-alpine hotel in Banff National Park. It offers casual and fine dining, the area’s largest hot tub and family-friendly activities. Click HERE to check availability and rates for a stay 7,000 above the ordinary.
Driving directions - The turn off to the Banff Sunshine Summer Sightseeing Gondola is located 8 Km (5 miles) West of Banff on the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway #1). The parking lot is 7 Km (4.4. miles) up the Sunshine Access Road.
- 15 Km (10 miles) or 16 minutes West from Banff
- 45 Km (28 miles) or 30 minutes East from Lake Louise
- 30 Km (19 miles) or 30 minutes West of Canmore
- 132 Km (85 miles) or 1.5 hours West of Calgary
Toll Free # (North America) 1-877-542-2633
Local # 1-403-705-4000
Weather is subject to change at any time in the mountains, dress warmly and wear the right footwear!